The Tie Down Engineering Vortex Hub kit is the ultimate worry-free replacement hub for your 3,500 lb boat trailer axle. The 5 lug Vortex hub is typically seen on Tie Down's selection of torsion axles, such as the 86 inch 3500 lb Hub Face Tie Down Torsion Axle
and 94 inch 3500 lb Hub Face Tie Down Torsion Axle
that we carry. The Vortex hub is specifically designed to require little or no maintenance over the lifetime of the unit; it is intended to need no maintenance at all for the first 6 years of its life. The pregreased assembly is lubricated with high-quality lithium complex Lucas Oil Marine Grease
, and sealed with a triple lipped spring-loaded grease seal to keep the unit free from water or intrusive materials. Tie Down's Galv-X finish is also optimized for saltwater and freshwater marine usage, as it is proven to resist rust and corrosion for greater longevity.
This Vortex hub is generally seen on torsion axles, but it is also compatible with traditional sprung axles as a replacement. The hub fits tapered 3500 lb axle spindles with bearing combinations measuring 1 3/8" x 1 1/16" with a seal size of 1.72". The hub contains a greaseable zerk fitting in the back of the hub assembly, which you would use to pump in fresh Lucas Marine Grease if necessary (Lucas Marine Grease must be used to maintain the factory warranty). Tie Down's excellent Vortex Hub warranty covers this item, good for 6 years or 100,000 miles. This is the best hub kit on the market if you need a maintenance-free replacement for your boat trailers 3500 lb axles.
- Tie Down Engineering 81013 Vortex 3,500 lb 5 Lug Hub Kit
- Pregreased and sealed for minimal maintenance
- Galv-X finish offers excellent protection for saltwater and freshwater marine use
- Contains 5 lug nuts, 1 cotter key, and 1 Vortex threaded dust cap
- 6 Year / 100,000 Mile Warranty
- 3,500 lb capacity trailer axle hub
- 1 3/8" (68149) x 1 1/16" (44649) bearing combination
- 5 on 4.5" Bolt Pattern
- All races, seals, and bearings are pre-installed and lubricated