This 6 lug pregreased Vortex hub kit by Tie Down Engineering is a complete maintenance-free replacement kit for your boat trailer axle. The Vortex hub is a worry-free "no-touch" hub system, which is designed to provide optimal and continuous lubrication with no servicing or maintenance. The kit itself comes complete with everything needed to replace your trailer's hub: 6 lug nuts, 1 cotter key, 1 threaded Vortex dust cap, and the Galv-X coated hub complete with preinstalled races, seal, and bearings. The pregreased assembly is lubricated with high-quality lithium complex Lucas Oil Marine Grease
, and sealed with a triple lipped spring-loaded grease seal to keep the unit free from water or intrusive materials. Tie Down's Galv-X finish is also optimized for saltwater and freshwater marine usage, as it is proven to resist rust and corrosion for greater longevity.
This Vortex hub is generally seen on torsion axles, but it is also compatible with traditional springed axles as a replacement. The hub fits tapered 6000 lb axle spindles measuring 1 3/4" x 1 1/4" with a seal size of 2 1/4". The hub contains a greaseable zerk fitting in the back of the hub assembly, which you would use to pump in fresh Lucas Marine Grease if necessary (Lucas Marine Grease must be used to maintain the factory warranty). Tie Down's excellent Vortex Hub warranty covers this item, good for 6 years or 100,000 miles. This is the best hub kit on the market if you need a maintenance-free replacement for your boat trailers 6000 lb axles.
- Tie Down Engineering 81036 Vortex 6,000 lb 6 Lug Hub Kit
- Pregreased and sealed for minimal maintenance
- Galv-X finish offers excellent protection for saltwater and freshwater marine use
- Contains 6 lug nuts, 1 cotter key, and 1 Vortex threaded dust cap
- 6 Year / 100,000 Mile Warranty
- 6,000 lb capacity trailer axle hub
- 1 3/4" (25580) x 1 1/4" (15123) bearing combination
- 6 on 5.5" Bolt Pattern
- All races, seals, and bearings are pre-installed and lubricated