This is a Demco Model DA20 trailer surge brake actuator for disc brakes, perfect for heavy-duty tandem and triple axle boat trailers. The actuator has a 20,000lb towing capacity and 2,000 lb of tongue load, so you can be sure that this surge actuator coupler is prepared to keep you and the heavy loads that you are hauling safe! The Demco DA20 Actuator secures to a 2 5/16" tow ball with the eZ-Latch coupler – the safest in the industry. With this eZ Latch system, simply lower the coupler onto the Tow Ball while the latch is in the 'Locked' position, and the Latch will automatically open and clamp down securely to the 2 5/16" tow ball. To remove, just raise the latch to the unlocked position and raise the trailer jack to remove the unit from your truck's tow ball.
This model has the electric lockout solenoid already installed, with a Heavy Duty Protective Shield to keep it safe from accidental bumps, hits, or disruption from the elements. In order to properly use this product, please make sure you have the correct wiring for the electric solenoid; either a 5 Flat or 7 RV plug, which would have the reverse lights from your tow vehicle wired into the plug. Demco brand actuators feature the highest quality steel construction with zinc plated coated components and exterior for excellent corrosion resistance for both freshwater and saltwater towing applications. This actuator is installed by drilling and mounting it directly onto your 3-inch wide trailer tongue, no hardware is included with the actuator but we do carry a wide range of Trailer Bolts if you need a fresh set to get your new surge actuator installed and on the road!
- Mounts to a 3" wide trailer tongue
- Use 2 5/16" trailer ball for towing
- G.V.W.R (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) of 20,000 lbs
- 2,000lb tongue load
- Has two mounting holes 3" on center
- Hydraulic surge actuator for operating disc brakes
- Includes electric lockout solenoid with heavy duty protective shield
- Zinc plated and rated to 500 hours in a salt spray test
- Composite master cylinder made from glass reinforced nylon, will never rust
- Includes heavy duty breakaway latch system that is lockable
- Made in the USA